I have never been a fan of housekeeping until my mama brings out the best in me when it comes to general home cleaning, thanks to mum.
She started by telling me Cleanliness set the pace for healthy living, comfort plus style and makes you more focus, gets you ready to achieve your daily set goals and objectives and you will be happy with yourself. When this is achieved, then it can be said you are fulfilled. Mama went further to elaborate on the need for healthy living, she believes more than 50% of the sicknesses in our world is been caused by unkempt environment, homes and offices which inhibit rodents, insects/flies that host deadly bacteria. She went further to give some tips, tricks and methods to make my daily house keeping a success. Highlighted are some of the tips, tricks and methods to get the job done and dusted.
Tips, Tricks and Methods for Proper Housekeeping/Cleaning.
In everything we do theirs is at least a little professionalism to get things for maximum efficiency and productivity if you really want to achieve something great at the end of it all. Let’s consider them one after the other:
- Do not procrastinate: Truth be told, procrastination has done us nothing but laziness. Time has never been our friend, most cases our day is packed with so many activities that we forget to do the needful. Having a schedule for our daily routine cleaning exercise on our furniture, rails, kitchen utensils, carpet, surfaces, electronics, windows glasses, coffee cups/dishes, mirrors, sun glasses and our cars. Do the cleaning as soon as you finish using those dishes/tea cups. No need stock piling the sink with dirty dishes, clean the toilet and bath tub as soon as you notice the
slightest stain or dirt, don’t push it to the next day, the next day is coming with its challenge.
Proper planning: Theirs is a saying that goes, when you fail to plan you have already plan to fail. Therefore, you must draw a plan on when to do your general housekeeping and to put things in place as they should be.
- Dusting: Some hidden corners of our apartment, top of our furniture, picture frames, electronics, handrails etc. usually needs to be dusted if left over time without been attended to, it’s obvious that some surfaces must have been clogged with dust and dirt. We will do well to first remove the dust before proper cleaning commence. Dust each knickknack. When it’s possible to dry dust, wet Dusting in some cases depends on how tough the dust clogged on the surface of the item. To get rid of fingerprints, dampen a microfiber cloth with warm water.
- Cleaning with E-cloth: Your window glasses, stainless steel, car windscreens, TV screen, our sunglasses, sink, tap heads, fridge handles etc. easily catch fingerprint, sticky oil stains and dirt. All you need to do is to make your E-cloth a little damp with a solution of detergent and apply little force as you pass it through the surfaces gently. The surface will come out shinning with no scratches.
- Always Free up your sink: We may think this is practically impossible, owing to the fact that we, our wards and spouse use coffee cup/dishes most often such that the sink cannot be empty. The truth is that, if we develop the habit of using and dumping cups and dishes into the sink and waiting for a convenient time to wash them then we are making a mistake, the sink will get messed up and just making it more difficult to tidy, mama told me to wash any cup/dishes as soon as I finish using them, no better time to do it but now she would say.
- Bathroom and toilet: Walk through and spray cleaner detergents on tubs, sinks and toilets. Return after 10 minutes to Scrub with soft sponge to remove tough stains and dirt, when you are done removing tough stains, you can then use a damp E-cloth with detergents solution to clean the tube, sink, the toilet and tap heads to bring out the attractive spark. Mama advised me to clean my toilet and bathroom on daily basis to avoid accumulation of dirt over time, when left unkempt for a long time danger of ill health looms, toilet diseases and the likes can be contacted, it can degenerate to a very serious issue. The earlier we get our toilet and bathrooms tidy the better for us. Do not procrastinate, do it when necessary.
…..To be continue